A downloadable interactive film for Windows
[[[THANKS to itch.io for allowing dev's to post innovative work on their platform and for giving us such great flexibility. Steam banned this because it has anything to do with blockchain 0_0]]]
A doll falls into a dark world inside an interactive full length film. You can JUMP from any scene in the film to an interactive 3d version of the scene and back! Experience a film in an entirely new way. Available in DVD++ and VHS++
While watching the film you can "jump into" the scenes with the press of a button. Once inside these scenes you take control of a "Soul".
With the Soul you are free to explore the scene in both third person and first person mode. You can also play/pause the active cutscene as well as playback director commentary. If you look around you might find other interesting things in the scenes.
Also, we think the movie itself is pretty gud.
- 117 minutes
- Interactive film with 37 interactive scenes to explore
- Multiple switchable soundtracks
- Soundtracks by: Yeltsin Is Illuminati, Eithereor X, Cementimental, M dot Strange and more!
- 11 switchable visual looks including, pixel art, noise, NES ninja gaiden 3 dither + more
- Watch in DVD++ or VHS++
- Almost 3 hours of director commentary inside interactive scenes
- After watching post your M doll theory on the discussion board
There is only ONE M DOLL NFT, you can verify its validity while watching.
M doll OST by Yeltsin is Illuminati
Chiptune Classical Soundtrack by Eithereor X
Harsh Noisetrack by Cementimental
M Soundtrack by M dot Strange
Dolloween Soundtrack by Miguelito Myers
|Release date||Oct 01, 2021|
|Made with||Cinema 4D, FL Studio, Unity, Aseprite|
|Tags||Anime, Dark, mind-bending, Pixel Art, Retro, stop-motion, Story Rich, video|
|Average session||A few hours|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller, Joystick|
|Links||Homepage, Blog, YouTube|
IMPORTANT! !!!!!! READ ME!!!!!
In order for M doll to work you need to download at least TWO things
- The M doll Interactive Film (windows executable)
- One of the M doll video files available- You just need to choose one video.
Written instructions for install using App
- Click install for the M doll Interactive film
- Make a new location somewhere on your computer that you can access easily
- Install the M doll Interactive Film using the app into that new location
- Click the gear icon next to the "Install" button at the bottom right corner
- Choose ONE of the video files, before you install it you need to make a new location for it to be installed
- You'll need to save it inside the M doll Interactive Film folder you downloaded in step 1
- From inside the M_doll folder find the M Doll_Data folder
- From inside the M Doll_Data folder find the StreamingAssets folder
- Set the install location to the StreamingAssets folder
- Install the video inside that location
- Start the M doll Interactive film
If you are not using the Itch.io app which we don't recommend, here is the information you need.
- Once you have a video file downloaded, unzip it and locate the "Mdoll" video file
- Unzip and open the M doll game folder you just downloaded and you'll see a folder called "M doll_Data" - see the image below for an example
- Open that folder and you'll see a folder called "StreamingAssets" - see the image below for an example
- Put the "Mdoll" video file in the "StreamingAssets" folder - it should look like the below image inside that folder
- So the video file should be at M_doll/Mdoll_Data/StreamingAssets/Mdoll
- You can now start the game by double clicking the M doll.exe. It will not prompt you to download a copy of the movie if you followed the steps correctly.
* If no video file is present when you start the game you have the option of downloading it from inside the game and it will put it in the folder for you BUT it uses InternetArchive which can be REALLY SLOW
* as a side note the game will play any mp4 file named "Mdoll" as if it were the film if you place it in the folder. Maybe the soundtrack matches up with Wizard Of Oz?
- Quick fix patch for fix audio/video sync issueNov 07, 2021